MSO Special Concert
Picnic at the Pops: The Music of Motown
Sat., Sept. 8, 2012
Ming Luke, conductor
Featuring the vocal group Spectrum
E. & J. Gallo Winery Grounds
Grounds open at 4:00 pm
Concert starts at 7:30 pm
Home to the Supremes, the Four Tops, the Temptations and countless other beloved groups of the ’60s, ’70s and ’80s, the Motown label was a national treasure. Recapture its glory days in this spectacular tribute.
Thank you in advance for not bringing outside alcohol. Bags and coolers will be checked.
Reserved – Closest to the stage
VIP w/Subscription – Belted area between Reserved and General
General – Furthest from the stage
1) Patrons must bring their own low backed sand chairs or blankets for seating
2) Set up picnic area at 4pm or later
3) Bring picnic dinner or purchase ahead of time from the caterers on this list
4) Be courteous to other patrons
1) Bring alcohol
2) Bring Video/Recording Equipment
3) Bring Pets
4) Bring Cooking Equipment
5) Bring regular height chairs (if so, they will be placed in the very back)
6) Smoke in the lawn area (Smoking section will be marked)
*A variety of wines, water, coffee and soft drinks are available for purchase.
*Patrons will have a long walk (especially from General Parking) and must stay on the walking paths at all times. There are golf carts to help handicapped patrons, but the wait can be long for them.
*A Merchandise table will be available for souvenirs
*Any patron with a handicapped placard can park in the reserved area